<< Back to Job Search
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire |
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience |
Company Fusion Limited is working with an established firm of business accountants with offices across the UK. Their clients include both early-stage and mature businesses, ranging from start-ups, sole traders and partnerships, through to limited companies and international groups. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Senior to join their busy team in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience
- BIK (benefit in kind), study support package, bonus scheme, private medical, life assurance
Accounts Senior - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of the Business Services Team the role will cover accounts preparation, tax advice and planning and assisting with portfolio management
- Prepare accounts and tax computations for an existing client portfolio of clients with turnovers between £50K and £10m
- Support the Client Manager in delivering the work required for this portfolio
- Be confident in UK taxation & accounting
- Maintain and develop the current client relationships ensuring tax efficiency and delivering commercial insight
- Run client meetings – the role is actively encouraged to have regular contact with clients to help strengthen the relationship
- Be a technical contact for clients and team members, providing assistance on accounting and taxation queries
- Demonstrate excellence in current accounting standards, legislation, technical issues and related matters
- Continue your personal and professional development through education, training and experience
- In the near future be involved in the marketing and promotion of the services of the business across the Group with a focus on the SME marketplace, using existing and new marketing resources in order for the team to achieve a planned significant increase in business
- Be able to train and develop staff on controls and procedures and in getting the best from their own resources
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on year end, tax and management accounts software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as requested or required within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be ACCA / ACA Qualified or part ACCA and qualified by experience
- You must have at least 4 years experience gained in an accountancy practice.
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time.
- Have general business awareness gained either in a business- orientated accounts practice or industry.
- Feel comfortable (with training if necessary) at a mutually agreeable timescale in selling yourself and the business to new clients and build on an existing client base.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance.
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed the customers’ requests.
- Career minded, dedicated and willing to prove your worth.
- Are a non-smoker.
<< Back to Job Search