<< Back to Job Search
Accounts Senior (Audit)
£33,000 - £35,000 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is with a well established Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors with over 50 years of experience providing accounting, tax and business advice services, helping businesses improve their performance and individuals plan for the future. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Senior (Audit) to join their busy team in Kettering, Northampton.
The Package – What You Could Earn:
- Basic salary £33,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- 37.5 hr per week
- The Firm provides a BUPA cover to employees who have satisfactorily completed 2 years service. This is a single person policy but family can be added for a small cost.
- In addition to private medical the Firm offer a cash plan which allows employees to claim cash back on certain medical expenses such as dental, optical and orthopaedic treatment and other minor claims.
- You are entitled to be paid holidays of 23 working days (22 for trainees) (pro rate if part time) in addition to Bank Holidays (pro rata if part time) during the working year which runs until the 31st day of March in each year. Up to 3 additional days can be purchased or 3 days sold back to the firm.
- On joining the Firm on a permanent basis, an employee’s life is insured for three times their annual basic salary. Payment is made to the employee’s next of kin in the event of an employee dying whilst in the service of the Firm.
- The Firm currently has:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Tax efficient cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Plan (confidential counselling and advice)
- Our client has auto enrolled and offers the standard 1% employer and 1% employee contribution from commencement of employment. In addition to this the Firm provides a personal pension plan to employees who have satisfactorily completed 2 years service. The scheme is currently non contributory and details can be provided on request.
Accounts Senior (Audit) - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a high quality service to clients in designated section and to contribute to the development of the practice
- Assist manager as part of audit and accounts team as required. Act as senior on audit assignments.
- Prepare client accounts based on information supplied by client
- Liaise with clients on account queries and other matters as appropriate
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns
- Prepare corporation tax computations and forms CT600.
- Assist with client queries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business matters as required.
- Prepare other client outputs, as instructed, e.g. spreadsheets
- Identify additional services for partner to raise with client
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
- Support the team with the production of their work
- Assist with administration tasks if necessary
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience & ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent would be ideal but will consider part qualified
- Minimum of 3 years proven accounts experience within a commercial environment or ideally with 4 or more years in a practice environment
- Ability to prepare, conduct and supervise audits, prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- In depth Audit & accounts prep Knowledge
- Knowledge of Accounting systems essentially Sage and their uses and benefits
- You will have a strong presence and excellent communication skills that allow you to quickly build rapport, trust and be a good networker
- You will be highly confidential and organised with strong attention to detail
- You will be a resilient, quick thinking and energetic achiever; self-motivated, creative and analytical
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Senior to join the team at a well established chartered accountants based in Northampton, Northamptonshire.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search