<< Back to Job Search
Senior Footwear Designer
Location: London |
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience |
Company Fusion Limited is working with a leading online fashion retailer providing Womenswear and Footwear. They are a dynamic and fast growing fashion organisation and as a result of this continued growth we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Footwear Designer to join their busy team in London.
The Package – What You Could Earn:
- Competitive salary depending on the experience
- Start date ASAP
- 22 days holiday (excl bank holidays)
- Ticket loan or Free car park
- Pension scheme up to 10% contribution
- medical insurance;
- Start-up atmosphere and a steep learning curve;
- Entrepreneurial working style with high degree of freedom;
- Insights into all relevant business areas
Senior Footwear Designer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and produce all design across footwear
- For each season, prepare a series of design ideas and inspirations, and agree overall seasonal direction and specific design briefs with the Head of Design Management.
- Design a range of core footwear designs for each season, delivering designs in a wide range of fabrics, styles and product types, all of which reflect the clients design handwriting and product brief.
- Produce technical garment specifications (tech packs) to enable factories to produce right-first-time samples and Garment Technology to rigorously test the sample products for quality control purposes.
- Monitor best/worst seller activity and suggest actions to respond.
- Actively contribute into the development of the sourcing strategy for your range.
- Produce overview trend information required for wholesale selling events.
- Design products to achieve the department pricing architecture.
- Identify and deliver detailed style direction to develop existing products, as well as proposing new product opportunities for your range.
- Combine knowledge of the market, emerging trends, fabric innovation and strategic direction from the Head of Design Management to define the aesthetic direction for the product area. Implement this direction and innovation into the development of your range
- Proactively brief in new trim and labelling requirements for product and design spec packs.
- For your part of the range, balance core and newness, taking considered risks with key shapes and colours to maintain credibility and interest
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You must have proven experience designing for High Street in a fast paced environment
- Substantial experience of working in a supplier facing role, liaising directly with suppliers to brief them on the production of your designs. Used to travelling to visit factories on a global basis in order to do this.
- Deep understanding of different Footwear styles and fabrics
- Strong technical knowledge of fabrics and garment construction.
- Face-to-face supplier liaison is a critically important part of our design process and it’s vital that candidates have experience of working within a similar structure.
- Liaising directly with suppliers to brief in fabric sourcing and design packs.
- Experience of producing tech packs for factory suppliers and garment technologists.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to develop intricate designs with a unique style.
- Ability to deliver multiple designs per season, working to a strict design timetable
<< Back to Job Search