<< Back to Job Search
Senior Creative and Development Designer
Location: Bury, Greater Manchester |
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience |
Company Fusion Limited is working with one of the Europe’s leading sports – fashion retailers with stores across the UK and Europe supplying the high street with the best branded style. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Creative and Development Designer to join their busy team in Bury.
The Package - What you could earn
- Competitive basic salary depending upon experience
- 40 hours per week
- Approximately 2 days per week field based attending meetings
- Company Discount Of 25% (This will increase to 30% After 5 Years Of Service)
- Company Pension Scheme With Employer Contribution of 2% However a Higher Contribution Can Be Given Dependent on Line Managers Preference
- Annual Company Appraisal
- Salary Reviews
- Opportunities To Progress Throughout The Wider Business
Senior Creative and Development Designer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attendance of strategy meetings to obtain design briefs and general direction of projects.
- Assist the Creative and Development Manager in devising fascia and store development strategies across all the Group brands.
- Assist with the on-going development of the store design for the market leading Sports and Fashion Retailer.
- Brief internal and external design teams on agreed development work in order to continually evolve the group brands.
- Identify potential areas of development throughout the current group network and define clear organisation strategic objectives.
- Liaising with key project stakeholders, from the internal departments (Retail, Marketing, Multi-Channel, IT, Security etc.).
- Co-ordination of meetings to present completed store designs and obtain approval/feedback.
- Manage and negotiate budgets/contracts with external design agencies in order to gain the best price for the group.
- Identify, research and implement new technological advances into the Retail environment, helping to keep the group ahead of the market.
- Attend site meetings, talking through the designs with the project delivery team, check surveys and record site information.
- Set up drawings in AutoCAD using landlords or survey information.
- Space plan merchandise layouts using a design brief and option targets.
- Production of detailed plans, shop fronts, sections and elevations for proposed store designs.
- Liaising with external professional agencies such as structural engineers, planning departments or consultants in order to obtain statutory approval.
- Offer assistance and support all designers within the team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working on and delivering a variety of design projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- Proven experience at all stages of the design process from conception through to implementation.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Plan to work stream and deadlines.
- Manage budgets and forecast costs.
- Interpret briefs accurately and work efficiently to deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven, with ability to manage own workload to deadlines.
- Strong Retail and commercial awareness.
- Good spatial awareness with the ability to visualise the design of a store.
- Strong understanding of construction or shop fitting coupled with a good understanding of building regulations within the UK.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK holding a full valid driving license.
- Must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel internationally.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Visual rendering.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of Photoshop.
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design is required.
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience is required within the Design/Architecture sector.
<< Back to Job Search