<< Back to Job Search
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire |
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience |
Company Fusion Limited is working with one of the Europe’s leading sports – fashion retailers with stores across the UK and Europe supplying the high street with the best branded style. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor focused on retail fit-out to join their busy Property Team. Base can be flexible as the role will cover the South of the UK
The Package - What you could earn
- Extremely competitive salary with a fantastic benefits package
- Company Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Appraisal
- Salary Review In April 2018
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Opportunities To Progress Throughout The Wider Business
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop
- Company Car/Car Allowance
Quantity Surveyor - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commercial manager within the Property team responsible for control of capex budgets within the region.
- The role is to manage costs, risk and procurement within the capital investment programme undertaken by Projects from feasibility stage to project completion, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is directed where it will deliver the best results for the business.
- It supports our existing remit to act as a centre of excellence to drive store standards to a market leading level.
- You will manage all commercial aspects of the end to end project cycle of new stores, re-fits and extensions to high standards. This includes managing and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects to plan.
- Responsible for contributing to the successfully co-ordination and management of the capital investment plan to deliver programmes, projects and initiatives of varying size and complexity taking account of programme, quality and health and safety implications.
- Responsible for implementing a cost reduction strategy within the Property Department, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is delivered appropriately. Drive the value engineering strategy across all store formats, ensuring that best value is delivered without adversely influencing life cycle cost or compromising operational efficiency. Proactively look to drive cost, time and wasted effort out of construction.
- Manage the project feasibility process from initial proposal through scoping and option studies to Board Approval of funding. Site visit to ascertain constraints and identify risks. Ascertain brief and scope of work from other departments.
- Develop and employ modeling and estimating techniques to provide accurate rates and costs for an annual spend of up to £15m across a variety of different types and sizes of new and refurbishment retail projects.
- Develop and manage procurement techniques to suit the types and quantum of programmes, projects and initiatives with solutions which will demonstrate and ensure best value is delivered taking account of quality, programme and health and safety implications.
- Conduct tender processes including preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders and the making of detailed recommendations.
- Adopt a consistent approach to the contractual engagement of all consultants, suppliers and contractors employed by the company to carry out works associated with the capital investment plan. Ensure a timely appointment including agreement of fees and an appropriately specified level of services and activities. Avoid duplication of roles with other consultants and vendors.
- Monitor the financial progress of individual projects through regular communication and reports assessing the potential impact of change on the budgets and also taking account of the effect on the business and ensuring change control procedures are rigidly adhered to. Take up any variances with the appropriate area/individual.
- Agree final accounts with all contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain accurate benchmark costs across all the Group's fascias and individual cost elements with an appreciation of the Group's costs within the wider retail fit-out industry context.
- Strive for excellence in all processes within the project & design team, continually reviewing and developing improvements
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors encouraging them to take positive action and assume accountability for their assigned work
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have knowledge and experience of the construction and shop fit industry including knowledge of legislation processes managing projects up to £2.0m.
- Experience gained at a manager level in a corporate client based organisation or specialist consultancy.
- Quantity Surveying / Cost Management experience: You will be able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects across a number of group fascia’s keeping them on budget and delivering them on time and to a high standard.
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Construction Faculty (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills: You will have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and departments.
- Numerate and strong attention to detail.
- Qualifications: Relevant bachelor’s degree or construction cost management qualification would be advantageous.
- This role is field based and you will need to be geographically mobile to support our store portfolio.
- Self-motivated, but works well as part of a team.
- Technically competent with knowledge of various software programmes.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Can react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Willingness to undertake extensive travel and periods of time away from home as required.
- Completely fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking). All reporting will be done in English.
- Base can be flexible as the role will cover the whole South of the UK
- It is essential you have full clean driving license
<< Back to Job Search