Mixed Tax Senior
Company Fusion Limited is working with an established firm of chartered accountants who hold great pride in the team they have working for their clients. They blend experience; flexibility and empowerment to think creatively and innovatively in ways that help their clients achieve success. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Mixed Tax Senior to join their busy team in Watford, Hertfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary paying of up to £60,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company benefits including Parking & Pension Scheme
Mixed Tax Senior - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a high quality service to clients in designated section and to contribute to the development of the practice
- Prepare corporate tax and partnership tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines.
- Meetings with clients relating to tax and account matters.
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs regarding specialist tax work.
- Prepare and assist with specialist tax work such as ATED, VAT options to tax, capital taxes, stamp duty, national insurance contributions and share schemes.
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information to complete accounts and tax returns.
- Identify tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ability to prepare personal tax returns for director’s efficiently and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Assist and train junior members of the team with accounts and tax matters.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules for business entities.
- Finalises paperwork for dispatch to clients and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Reviewing accounts and business tax returns prepared by junior members of the team.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets.
- Prepare and monitor company secretarial matters including assisting with company formation and specialist share work.
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery.
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role.
- Identify additional services to be raised with client.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be CTA or equivalent tax qualification and ACCA/ACA qualified.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years proven tax experience within a commercial environment ideally with 8 years proven tax experience within a practice environment.
- You will ideally have worked predominantly with corporate tax clients but have some knowledge and experience with personal tax.
- Knowledge of all personal and business taxes.
- Knowledge of capital taxes, including capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
- Familiarity with taxation software and interaction with HMRC online services.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- In depth Corporate/Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge.
- Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits.
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong technical ability and accuracy with advice and recording.
We are currently seeking at Mixed Tax Senior, CTA & ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of 10 years proven tax experience within a commercial environment, to join a well established firm of chartered accountants. Is this you? Apply today!