Residential Conveyancing Legal Secretary
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Law Firm; one of the oldest established law firms in West Sussex. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Residential Conveyancing Legal Secretary to join their office in Storrington.
The Package - What you could earn
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
Residential Conveyancing Legal Secretary - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in the preparation of correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing using the firm’s computer systems.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously, and that clients are kept informed regularly on progress and cost levels.
- To assist in the administration duties which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- To assist the firm’s clients both in person and by telephone or email in the absence of the Principal.
- To use the prescribed office systems and procedures in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s quality standards.
- To ensure the smooth flow of correspondence and other matters through the office.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure that all correspondence and enquiries are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner.
- To prepare mail, forms, cheques and enclosures for dispatch as necessary.
- To undertake or arrange photocopying as required;
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal.
- To do everything possible to promote the firm within the local community and in particular, to work closely and liaise with, local estate agents and other professionals in order to win new clients.
- To provide effective back-up and cover for other staff and other offices when required during periods of absence for whatever reason.
- To provide refreshments for your Principal and Clients if required.
- To provide support to other staff at all times as required.
- To provide guidance to junior and temporary staff when required.
- To attend clients, both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner, in line with the firm’s standards of client care, and keeping written record of any such attendance.
- To adhere to all good practice procedures as determined by the HOD, especially in relation to quality standards.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall, to have a responsibility for self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of the firm’s and its client’s documentation and information.
- To market the services of the firm generally.
- To assist in the development of new products and service opportunities.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous Legal Secretarial experience in a Residential Conveyancing Department.
- Good word-processing and audio typing skills.
- Good knowledge of legal forms.
- To be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, having a good command of the English language.
- Efficient and well organised, with good control of diary and time management.
- Knowledge of Proclaim Case Management System would be an advantage.
Are you a Residential Conveyancing Legal Secretary looking for a new and exciting opportunity within a well-established company? Is this you? Apply today!