Global Freight Planner - Night Shift
Company Fusion Limited are working with a leading UK supply chain company. Our client’s 5,000 employees operate out of 40 locations, providing a full range of supply chain solutions in the UK, and globally including continental Europe, Asia Pacific, and America. Our client’s customers operate in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors including grocery, retail, electronics and gas. Our client’s outstanding achievements have been recognised by industry awards for supply chain excellence and innovation, environment and safety and women in transport. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Global Freight Planner to join their busy team near Basingstoke, Hampshire for the night shift.
The Package - What you could earn
- Competitive basic salary, paying between £26,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Additional shift allowance of £3,478 per annum.
- Hours are Sunday to Thursday nights from 11pm – 7am.
- Company benefits including;
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Cash Health Care Plan
- Start date ASAP.
Global Freight Planner - Night Shift - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the Global Freight Planner, you will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required time frame. These will be based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas customers.
- You be responsible for the management of shipments through supply chain and ensuring all PO items available by ready date.
- Arrange freight pick up and international freight through to destination, ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods.
- Tracking shipments, updating online tracking tool.
- Troubleshooting problems.
- Communication to supply chain parties and with internal and external customers globally ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times (Suppliers, truckers, ports, shipping lines, airlines, customs brokers, transhipment points, freight agents etc.)
- Raising accruals, invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be a customer focused individual, with an excellent understanding of import and export air and ocean freight/freight processes (steps from end to end) and freight documentation (e.g. AWBs and BOLs).
- Knowledge and working experience of;
- Cross trade activities
- Customs processes
- Working with overseas agents/third parties
- Dangerous goods (e.g. IATA/IMDG) - advantageous
- Fluency in any additional languages would be advantageous, specifically Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills with excellent problem solving/analytical abilities.
- A good team player with commercial awareness.
Are you a customer focused individual, with an excellent understanding of import and export air and ocean freight/freight processes (steps from end to end) and freight documentation (e.g. AWBs and BOLs)? Is this you? Apply today!