<< Back to Job Search
Senior Retail Designer UK & Ireland
Bury, Greater Manchester
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 800 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands.
Our client’s Property Design team is responsible for driving innovation and design excellence across all of the Group fascia’s. The department delivers inspiring, commercial retail environments for our customers in order to maximise their shopping experience, whilst maximising profitability for the Group.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Retail Designer (UK & Ireland) to join their busy Property Design team at their Global HQ in Bury, Greater Manchester (approx. two days per week field based attending meetings).
The Package - What you could earn
- Excellent basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company Discount Of 30% - Rising To 35% After 5 Years Of Service.
- Company Pension Contribution With 4% Employer Contribution / 2% Employee Contribution.
- Life Assurance.
- 33 Days Holiday Per Year (25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays).
- 6 Month Probationary Period.
- Company Phone.
- Company Laptop.
- Annual Appraisals.
- Salary Reviews.
- Staff Sales.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
Senior Retail Designer UK & Ireland - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The position of Senior Retail Designer is a key role in the future expansion of our client. Working as part of the Property Design Team, this position necessitates a high principle of design standards with the creative ability to develop each store design on a project by-project basis using the agreed store grading guidelines. Strong leadership, communication and reporting skills are essential.
- Lead design projects within agreed territory, taking projects from brief through to completion.
- Attendance of strategy meetings to obtain design briefs and general direction of projects.
- Assist the UK Studio Manager in devising fascia and store development strategies across all group brands.
- Assist with the on-going development of the groups' store design.
- Liaising with key project stakeholders from the internal departments (retail, marketing, multichannel, IT, security etc.)
- Co-ordination of meetings to present completed store designs and obtain approval / feedback.
- Attend site meetings; talking through the design with the project delivery team, check surveys and record site information.
- Set up drawings in AutoCAD using landlords or survey information.
- Space plan merchandise layouts using a design brief and option targets.
- Production of detailed plans, shop fronts, sections and elevations for proposed store designs.
- Liaising with external professional agencies such as structural engineers, planning department or consultants in order to obtain statutory approvals.
- Offer assistance and support to all designers within the team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven working experience in a retail environment, designing and delivering stores within UK and Ireland.
- Experience of working on and delivering a variety of design projects in the UK and Ireland.
- Strong retail and commercial awareness, specifically within the sports fashion industry.
- Proven experience at all stages of the design process, from conception through to implementation.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Plan work streams and set deadlines.
- Interpret briefs accurately and work efficiently to deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to manage own workload to deadlines.
- Detailed understanding of construction or shop fitting coupled with a good understanding of building regulations.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK holding a full driving licence.
- Must hold a valid passport.
- Proficient in visual rendering and 3D modelling.
- Expert level AutoCAD with working knowledge of how to build dynamic blocks.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design or other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 8 years practical experience within the design/architecture sector.
Do you have a Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years practical experience within the design/architecture sector? Do you have excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and proven working experience in a retail environment, designing and delivering stores within UK and Ireland? If so, we'd love to speak to you about a fantastic new opportunity!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search