Company Fusion Limited is working with a children’s activity centre, providing top class play space and activities for the children and also a relaxing environment for the parents. They are looking for a Cook to support the day to day running of the kitchen/café, located in the Bushey/Watford area.
The Package - What you could earn
- Salary: £8.00 to £9.00 /hour
Cook - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working 35 hours over the course of Tuesday to Sunday 9.30am-6.30pm – will include one weekend day
- Duties include prepping, plating up, running the pass. Adhoc washing up, general cleaning duties and adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.
- As the Cook, you will work in partnership with the staff to ensure the preparation and delivery of a balanced and healthy diet for children.
- Follow company recipes to make healthy and nutritious meals.
- Working within an EHO 5* rated kitchen, you will maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, complying with all the necessary food preparation and storage procedures to keep a clean and well-functioning kitchen.
- Follow COSHH procedures.
- To order stock in line with requirements, keeping accounts and effective budget control, whilst maintaining correct stock levels, ensuring stock rotation and that all stock is labelled with expiry dates.
- Work closely as part of the team in providing safe and pleasant mealtime experiences.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be an experienced Cook with a good understanding of Health & Food Safety.
- Prior experience and knowledge of special dietary requirements.
- With excellent time management and budgeting skills, you’ll be capable of co-ordinating and serving a wide range of healthy, nutritious meals and snacks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic Hygiene Certificate (Level 2) required but not essential.
- Excellent personal hygiene and appearance.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty.
- Team player.
If you have excellent time management and budgeting skills, capable of co-ordinating and serving a wide range of healthy, nutritious meals and snacks then check out this cook role we have currently! As we approach the busy winter months we are needing an extra pair of hands in the kitchen. We are looking for someone who loves the buzz of a busy kitchen! You will need to have had some customer service experience, and ideally some experience working in a kitchen (not necessarily as cook) Interested? Is this you? Apply today!